CITY CHURCH NEW ORLEANS
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATEMENT
What an amazing time in which we live! Surely the Lord is with us as we seize this opportunity to reflect His peace, His hope and His love to those around us who may be fearful, worried or even bound by media influence regarding COVID-19.
As God’s people, all His promises apply to us, including His protection from this virus. “He Himself will rescue you . . . from the destructive plague . . . His faithfulness will be a protective shield. You will not fear . . . the plague that stalks in darkness, or the pestilence that ravages at noon. Though a thousand fall . . . the pestilence will not reach you.” (Psalm 91: 3–7)
While the news around us may spark panic mode, we have inner peace; and this situation may even provide open doors for conversations about God’s love with those who don’t know Him.
This is also an opportunity for us to encourage each other, knowing that we are protected.
At this time, we’ll have our regularly scheduled services on Sundays at 9:00A and 11:00A. Let’s continue to assemble together in faith as we are secure under His divine protection.
As faith and God-given wisdom go hand-in-hand, we will follow health guidelines and be careful with our hygiene even though the overall risk to the general public is low. We have things in place to ensure the health and safety of our members and guests while they attend our services and functions. While this virus is considered a threat:
· Hand sanitizer will be available in the main foyer, GROW foyer and The Source foyer for community use.
· We’ll refrain from holding hands during prayer.
· We’re asking that all refrain from shaking hands, hugging people, etc. (like we New Orleanians do as second nature).
· A disinfecting plan is in place for the Nursery and Kidz City rooms before, between and after services.
· Our cleaning team will be disinfecting restrooms and high-touch surfaces before, between and after services.
We will be flexible and adjust as needed until this crisis ends.
Things may become more challenging until this season passes; however, we’ll get through this together. We are confident that God is with us and that this season of a pandemic will pass!
Instantly connect to what's most important to you.